Friday, February 11, 2011

I have all these thoughts, and I'm pretty sure they all contradict each other.

Being home during the week is a completely different world. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by stay-at-home moms. And I'm not dissing these women at all, but I am considering purchasing a Baby Bjorn and a Cabbage Patch Kid...just to fit in. I mean, Tilly is my baby, but I don't think she'd appreciate being strapped to my chest and taken to Target.

I have done some work this week--both on writing/editing and around the house--but I have also spent a great deal of time acting like a 14 year-old boy. I opened up two new races on MarioKart and defeated a new level on Monkey Island, plus I just ate a box of SweetTart Hearts (finding a single serving-sized box was the highlight of my day...possibly my week).

I began cleaning out the office yesterday and discovered that I apparently hadn't filed anything since the spring of 2009. Clearly I am an organizational mastermind.

Obviously nothing too exciting is going on--except that I am happy. And for me, that's pretty exciting! Full credit for this must go to my quitting my job (that, or the SweetTarts. Let's face it: they're awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment