Tuesday, March 9, 2010

They said I was a valued customer. Now they send me hate mail.

Have we discussed how annoying it is that Ann Taylor only has one hook per dressing room? I mean, never mind if you have so much stuff you need two hooks-—what about the sorting system? This hook for keepers, that hook for “crap that makes you look like Martha Stewart on a Cheetos bender.” You wind up juggling piles of clothing in an attempt to make some sense of order out of them, and end up buried under a pile of sensible slacks and merino wool sweaters. I bet they don’t put up with such crap at Bergdorf’s (but I wouldn’t know. I don’t think they let people like me in there).

In other news, I've finally decided what I will wear to the Oscars, should I ever live out my fantasy of winning an award for a behind-the-scenes category such as "Art Direction," then being so charming and beautiful during my acceptance speech that I am pronounced "America's Darling" in the following day's People magazine. (What? It could happen!)

David Meister and Bvlgari:













Sadly, they don't sell those at Ann Taylor.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Good lord, how hard would it be to give us a single extra hook? I end up having to separate 15 pairs of pants at the last minute, and always worry that I'm bringing the "ack--pleats!!" one to the register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bvlgari would be lucky to have as their model on the red carpet! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete