Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions, Jerry?

Yesterday, as the technician continued to prod the most sensitive spot on my gums with a sharp implement, I had a revelation: I actually used to like to go to the dentist. Why? Because I got to sleep in a little and arrive at work a little late. Pain and discomfort be damned—it was better than a full day at work! I’m pleased to say that I discovered yesterday that I actually hate the dentist now…that, and I have no cavities. Yay, me.

In other news, I was at the gym, wearing a Clemson t-shirt and Clemson shorts…which naturally prompted the woman next to me to ask, “Are you a Cavalier?” Instead of whacking her about the head with my People magazine, which was my first impulse, I merely responded, “No, I’m a Tiger.” Which, when you think about it, is kind of a weird statement. I regret not following up with a growl and a snarl. How would you follow the statement, “I’m a Cavalier”? A swish of a fake sword and the fluff of an imaginary hat feather? Now that’s just sad.

And finally, there’s this adorable little girl in the Starbucks who is So. Very. Excited. to be wearing her pink rain boots and carrying her flower umbrella. Wish I could be so excited about the rain, but for me a rainy day just means that the house will smell like wet dog. Although the dog would be cute in pink rain boots…

No comments:

Post a Comment