Friday, January 29, 2010

No, but a four-hundred-pound wino offered to wash my hair.

Some Drive-Bys:

* Last weekend I went to Rehoboth with my dear friends La and Signe. There was outlet shopping, hot tubbing, wine drinking, light-hearted mocking…I heart my giggly friends. What I did NOT heart was being the first to arrive at the beach house, which was cold, dark, and interminably creepy. I ventured throughout, turning on lights and thermostats. I was even brave enough to go down to the basement, where I flipped what I thought was a light switch—turns out it was for a fan in a room I couldn’t see. Thus, some lovely chug-chug-chug noise started up, scaring the bejeezus out of me.

That’s when I went upstairs and opened the bottle of wine.

I huddled on the couch and watched Friends until the real-life ones showed up to rescue me from whatever sinister force was clearly lying in wait for me in the Beach House of Death.

* Jeremy flew up to Boston for work yesterday. I had left my car at the VRE station the night before; he suggested I drop him off at work so he wouldn’t have to park at the airport, and I could drive his car for the day. All well and good—until I got in the driver’s seat and realized that the warning lights for gas, windshield wiper fluid, and engine were ALL ON. That’s three (3) warning lights, people. Thankfully we stopped by the gas station, and Jeremy took care of two of them. I begrudgingly pulled into a parking space in front of his office and let him out (I had suggested that, to save time, he could merely tuck and roll, and I would toss his suitcase out after him. I think four warning lights would have pushed me over the edge on that one…)

* We’re off to Vegas on Sunday, so expect some bizarre people-watching-related blog entries (last time we were there, a dude in a cow suit was parked at the slot machines at the MGM Grand). Also expect that, if I hit the jackpot, I will retire at the ripe old age of 31 and spend my days in secluded luxury, quietly mocking passersby from my custom-made hyperbaric chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment